CHICAGO, June 15, 2018 – The Illinois CPA Society presented their annual awards at its Leadership Recognition Dinner, held in Chicago on June 14, 2018.
These awards recognize the tremendous achievements and contributions of leaders in Illinois who are helping to shape the future of the accounting profession.
“It’s an honor and privilege to recognize the work of these dedicated professionals,” said Todd Shapiro, President and CEO of the Illinois CPA Society. “Their time and expertise are invaluable in helping to lead the profession into a dynamic new world.”
The evening’s main awards were presented to the following individuals:
- Lifetime Achievement Awards: Presented for distinguished service to the CPA profession – Wayne R. Ebersberger, CPA, retired, Ernst & Young, LLP and Penelope J. Yunker, Ph.D., CPA, Professor Emeritus, Western Illinois University, Macomb
- Outstanding Educator Awards: Presented to educators making significant contributions to accounting education – Michael P. Donohoe, Ph.D., CPA, CGMA, Associate Professor of Accountancy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Luis V. Plascencia, CPA, MST, MBA, Lecturer, City Colleges of Chicago
- Lester H. McKeever Jr. Outstanding Leader in Advancing Diversity Award: Presented to an exceptional leader committed to increasing diversity in the accounting profession – Kevin E. Jackson, Ph.D., CPA, Associate Professor of Accountancy, Academic Director-BSA/MAS Programs, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Lester H. McKeever Jr. Emerging Leader in Advancing Diversity Award: Presented to a young professional committed to increasing diversity in the accounting profession – Jeff Badu, CPA, Tax Practitioner at Badu Tax Services of Chicago
- Young Professional Leadership Award: Presented for outstanding leadership skills in their career or through public and community service – Michael J. Rodriguez, CPA, Senior Risk and Controls Consultant, WEC Energy Group