NEW CPE REQUIREMENT FOR LICENSED CPAs
Summary: Licensed CPAs (and other licensed professionals) must complete one hour of sexual harassment prevention training for their 2021 license renewal.
The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDPFR) adopted Administrative Rules 68 Ill. Adm. Code 1130.400 implementing Public Act 100-762 which requires a one-hour continuing education course that all licensed professionals who currently have a continuing education requirement must take and complete in order to be eligible for license renewal.
• A licensed CPA may count the one hour completion of this training towards the 120 hours of CPE required for CPAs.
• The sexual harassment prevention training course must be provided by IDFPR approved continuing education providers.
• The Administrative Rules specify, at a minimum, the topics that shall be covered in the sexual harassment prevention continuing professional education training.
• Completion of the training shall be a condition of renewing your CPA license.
• This requirement is effective for license renewals occurring on or after January 1, 2020.