Help young people learn about money management, economics & career skills.
The Illinois CPA Society and Junior Achievement of Chicago have partnered to teach K-12th grade students about smart money management, how the economy works, and the value of an education. Volunteers provide hands-on classroom instruction in Illinois schools throughout the school year.
How it Works
- Contact ICPAS to determine your preference for location and date.
- You will be connected with a Junior Achievement representative in your area.
- Attend a Junior Achievement training session - date, time and location to be provided by Junior Achievement*
- Junior Achievement learning materials and activities will be provided to help you prepare.
- You will present Junior Achievement activities throughout an entire school on the same day ("JA in a Day") OR you will present for shorter commitments in one classroom.
- Teachers remain in the classroom while you present.
*First-time Junior Achievement volunteers are required to attend a training session before volunteering. Training sessions will be scheduled with a JA representative on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about Junior Achievement.
This volunteer program is organized by CPAs for the Public Interest, the community service arm of the Illinois CPA Society, which links financial management professionals with not-for-profit organizations and community service projects in Illinois.
By participating in an Illinois CPA Society public service volunteer program, you agree to the following terms: The Illinois CPA Society does not accept any responsibility for the skills or expertise asserted by volunteers. The Illinois CPA Society reserves the right to reassign or terminate a volunteer’s participation at its discretion. Some public service volunteer opportunities require volunteers to exhibit specific skills to participate competently. You are expected to evaluate your ability to complete the objectives of each volunteer opportunity and to withdraw or seek technical assistance if your skill sets do not match the needs of the program or specific task.
Questions, comments, feedback
Manager, Marketing & Communications | 312.517.7641