Help young people learn about money management, economics & career skills.
The Illinois CPA Society and Junior Achievement of Chicago have partnered to teach K-12th grade students about smart money management, how the economy works, and the value of an education. Volunteers provide hands-on classroom instruction in Illinois schools throughout the school year.
How it Works
- Contact ICPAS to determine your preference for location and date.
- You will be connected with a Junior Achievement representative in your area.
- Attend a Junior Achievement training session - date, time and location to be provided by Junior Achievement*
- Junior Achievement learning materials and activities will be provided to help you prepare.
- You will present Junior Achievement activities throughout an entire school on the same day ("JA in a Day") OR you will present for shorter commitments in one classroom - Teachers remain in the classroom while you present.
*First-time Junior Achievement volunteers are required to attend a training session before volunteering. Training sessions will be scheduled with a JA representative on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about Junior Achievement.