As a manager, you could spend all of your time going to meetings.
You could spend most of your time reviewing metrics and
generating reports. Don’t!
You could spend most of your time doing a lot of things, because
a manager has a lot of things to do, but there is no more important use of your
time than working with your team members to coach and counsel them to improved
Whether you are working with a new employee or a seasoned veteran, there is
always something you could be doing in the way of coaching and counseling that
can help your team members sharpen their skills and solve problems that will
boost their performance.
Successful managers realize that in today’s extremely competitive
environment all team members must be performing at 100% to produce outstanding
This intensive one-day workshop will develop the key skills to help you
deliver world class coaching and counseling to dramatically improve performance.
Through a series of activities, interactive exercises, role plays and case
studies you will develop best practice skills to boost the productivity of your
Key Learning Outcomes:
• Understand how to deliver feedback to both praise and correct team members
while developing a positive atmosphere going forward.
• Learn how to confidently have difficult conversations early and develop an
effective and mutually agreeable action plan.
• How to identify and work with different behavior styles to provide coaching
and counseling support that will be meaningful for all team members.
• Develop strategies and skills to effectively address and resolve conflicts
leading to the highest quality outcomes.
• Learn proven communication techniques that increase the impact and
understanding of information amongst all team members.
• Understand how to turn the performance review session into a productive
coaching session and strategically guide all team members to improved
• Clearly understand the distinction between “coaching” and “counseling” and
when they are appropriate.