CPA Exam Award Program
This program, supported by the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois, is intended to reimburse the $743 National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) fee which is part of the cost of taking the CPA Exam. Successful candidates must demonstrate achievement as well as financial need.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident and be an Illinois Resident
- Not be reimbursed for CPA Exam fees by an employer
- Maintain a current or final cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Have pre-approved status by Illinois Board of Examiners and agree to take at least one part within nine months of the date on the application approval letter from the Board of Examiners. Applicants for this award must not have completed all four parts of the exam, but may apply with a portion of the exam completed.
- Complete all four parts of the exam within 18 months of being approved to test by the Illinois Board of Examiners. If all four parts are not completed within 18 months, candidates may be asked to refund all, or a portion of the award based on number of parts completed.
Applications are deadlines:
- March 15
- June 15
- September 15
- November 15
If you miss a deadline, we will automatically include your application in the next review period.
REMINDER: It is strongly recommended that students complete the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct self-study ‘take-home’ exam prior to sitting for the CPA exam. This is not a requirement for applying for this award, however, as of January 1, 2005 all Illinois candidates in addition to passing all four parts of the CPA exam, are required to pass this separate exam before they will be certified.