Illinois CPA Society
Accounting Textbook Scholarship
Scholarships of up to $500 each are offered for accounting students who show potential to become a CPA and demonstrate achievement as well as financial need. These scholarships reimburse students for the cost of books and required classroom materials. The scholarship does not cover the cost of tuition or CPA Exam review courses.
Illinois CPA Society textbook scholarships help college juniors, seniors or graduate students who are planning to complete their final year of education needed to sit for the CPA Examination in Illinois. The Illinois CPA Society is especially interested in helping those students that, because of limited options or opportunities, may not have alternative means of support.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and permanent resident of Illinois
- Enrolled in an Illinois college or university and demonstrate progress in a course of study in accounting
- Junior, senior or graduate student status for the 2013-14 academic year
- Demonstrate achievement and financial need
If students receive a full-tuition waiver or reimbursement for tuition, they are not eligible for this scholarship. However, the Society recognizes that students will likely not know about scholarships and other forms of support at the time of application, and highly encourages students who anticipate they will need financial support to apply.
Application: The application will be available in December 2013. The deadline to apply will be April 1, 2014.