Define Your Own Success
ICPAS Manager of Member Outreach
June’s Young Professionals Leadership Conference, “The Art of Success,” kicked off a year of dynamic and engaging young professional programming. Attendees mingled in the modern, industrial space of VenueOne in Chicago’s West Loop, while sharing their thoughts on personal goals, career success and happiness. Speakers enthusiastically shared personal anecdotes and answered attendee questions, which made for our most interactive conference yet.
For those of you who were unable to experience the fun in person, here are my five biggest takeaways:
1. Finding success is a personal journey. And it’s defined differently by each of us.
2. Attitude is key in finding your own success and happiness.
3. Make time for the things that make you happy. And try to work that happiness into your day job.
4. Think of a jungle gym, not a ladder as you navigate your career trajectory.
5. Ask yourself these three questions, courtesy of keynote speaker and bestselling author Jeff Goins: “What do I love?” “What am I good at?” and “What do people need?”
These key points really resonated with me, and I’m eager to put them to practice. I hope all of you who attended left feeling energized and excited about forging ahead in your brilliant careers.
Don’t miss these events!
July 28 - Raise Your Glass! Fundraiser
August 18 - CPA and Attorney Speed Learning
September 23 - CPA Day of Service
October 20 - New Member Happy Hour
November 17 - Improve it! Taking Initiatives Improv Workshop.