Illinois CPA Society
Herman J. Neal Scholarship
This scholarship fund supports African-American students in their pursuit of an accounting education and the CPA designation. This year, the Herman J. Neal scholarship fund will provide scholarships of up to $4,000 each to African-American accounting students who show significant potential to become CPAs and demonstrate achievement as well as financial need. These scholarships support students with their junior or senior year, or with the additional year, (30 semester) hours needed to sit for the CPA Exam which can include graduate studies.
Scholarships cover the costs of tuition and fees and can include up to $500 in expenses for books and required classroom materials. They do not cover costs of CPA Exam review courses.
This scholarship program was established in honor of the deceased Dr. Herman J. Neal, a distinguished Chicago physician, because of his strong beliefs in opening doors to opportunity, and in the value of education and scholarship for African-Americans.
- Be an African-American
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident and be an Illinois resident
- Be enrolled in an Illinois college or university as a junior, senior or graduate student for the 2015-16 academic year
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Plan to sit for the CPA exam in Illinois within three years of application date, and demonstrate progress in a course of study in accounting
- Demonstrate achievement and financial need
Deadline: April 1, 2015