Illinois CPA Society Women's Executive Committee's Advancing Women in Accounting Scholarship
This scholarship fund supports high achieving women students dedicated to becoming CPAs who demonstrate financial need. This year, scholarships of up to $4,000 will be awarded to women to help with expenses associated with their senior year or post-baccalaureate studies needed to sit for the CPA Exam.
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition and fees and can include up to $500 in expenses for books and required classroom materials. The scholarship does not cover cost of the CPA Exam review courses.
This scholarship was established by the Illinois CPA Society Women’s Executive Committee to create advancement opportunities for women in the CPA profession in Illinois. This scholarship program is supported by individuals, CPA firms, and companies who are committed to giving back to help ensure the success of other women. A lead donor to this scholarship program is Ernst & Young LLP.
- Non-CPAs enrolled in an Illinois college or university as a senior or graduate student for the 2013-14 academic year.
- Be a women, US citizen or permanent resident, permanently residing in Illinois
- Have 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Plan to sit for the CPA Examination of Illinois within three years of application date and demonstrate a course of study that reflects this goal.
- Demonstrate leadership potential.
If students receive a full-tuition waiver of reimbursement for tuition, they are not eligible for this scholarship. However, the Society highly recognizes that students will likely not know about scholarships and other forms of support at the time of application, and highly encourages students who anticipate they will need financial support to apply.
Application: The application will be available in December 2013. The deadline to apply will be April 1, 2014.