Illinois CPA Society
Accounting Tuition Scholarship
Scholarships of up to $2,000 each are offered for accounting students who show significant potential to become a CPA and demonstrate achievement as well as financial need.
Illinois CPA Society tuition scholarships help college seniors or graduate students who are planning to complete their final year of education needed to sit for the CPA Examination in Illinois. The Illinois CPA Society is especially interested in helping those students that, because of limited options or opportunities, may not have alternative means of support.
The scholarship covers the costs of tuition and fees and can include up to $500 in expenses for books and required classroom materials. The scholarship does not cover costs of CPA Exam review courses.
- Non-CPAs enrolled in an Illinois college or university as a senior or graduate student for the 2014-15 academic year
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a permanent resident of Illinois
- Have 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Plan to sit for the CPA Examination in Illinois within three years of application date, and demonstrate progress in a course of study in accounting
If students receive a full-tuition waiver or reimbursement for tuition, they are not eligible for this scholarship. However, the Society recognizes that students will likely not know about scholarships and other forms of support at the time of application, and highly encourages students who anticipate they will need financial support to apply.
Download the 2014-15 Accounting Scholarship Application here.
Applications are due April 1, 2014.