Make a difference in the lives of individuals and families in Illinois.
The Illinois CPA Society's CPAs for the Public Interest* and the Center for Economic Progress are recruiting volunteer Tax Preparers for the 2013 Tax Season.
This project offers free preparation of federal and state tax returns to low-income individuals and families in Illinois.
- Community sites are open January through April 15, 2013.
- No tax experience is required. Training on tax basics and tax preparation is now available online and classroom training will be held in January. Volunteers will need to pass a certification test after completing training.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) will be earned when you complete the training session and volunteer for at least 20 hours.
- Convenient site locations in Chicago, Aurora, Chicago Heights, Elgin, Joliet, Springfield, and Waukegan.
- Flexibility to volunteer afternoon, evening and weekend hours to fit your schedule. A commitment of 20 hours throughout the tax season is ideal.
- Volunteer at the Center for Economic Progress website beginning in mid-November or call 312-630-0288.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions page for the Volunteer Tax Preparer program.
| By participating in an Illinois CPA Society public service volunteer program, you agree to the following terms: The Illinois CPA Society does not accept any responsibility for the skills or expertise asserted by volunteers. The Illinois CPA Society reserves the right to reassign or terminate a volunteer’s participation at its discretion. Some public service volunteer opportunities require volunteers to exhibit specific skills to participate competently. You are expected to evaluate your ability to complete the objectives of each volunteer opportunity and to withdraw or seek technical assistance if your skill sets do not match the needs of the program or specific task.
For more information, contact:
Mari Watts, Director, Marketing & Communications
800-993-0407 ext. 278
* CPAs for the Public Interest (CPAsPI), the community service arm of the Illinois CPA Society, links the expertise of CPAs and finance professionals with Illinois not-for-profit organizations and community needs.