May 22, 2020
Good Morning and Happy Friday!
The Senate convenes at 10:35 followed by the House at 11. There is only one committee scheduled for today-House Executive at 9:00 a.m. The following is a run down of where we are at:
House Executive at 9 AM:
Bills to be heard are as follows:
· SB 471 – various (worker protection if relaying healthcare directions, public employees, etc.)
· SB 1805 – BIMP
· SB 1864 – Healthcare omnibus INCLUDING TELEHEALTH
· SB 2099 – $5B borrowing for COVID
· SB 2135 – Legislative Oversight of Governor’s Reopening Plans
· SB 2541 – Hospital assessment
· SB 3066 – Ramirez legislation on rent relief
Senate Convenes at 10:30 AM; House Convenes at 11 AM.
Status of Major Legislation:
(does not include the above list)
Awaiting House Action
· HB 123 – Cannabis. Awaiting concurrence vote in the House.
· HB 2455 – Labor omnibus (UI/ WC). Awaiting concurrence vote in the House.
· HB 2096 – Local government omnibus. Awaiting concurrence vote in the House.
· SB 1863 – Election omnibus (VBM). Awaiting Senate concurrence.
· SB 1569 – Education omnibus. On 2nd in House then needs Senate concurrence.
Ongoing negotiations: Gaming
Budget: HB 64, SB 264
Both Chambers are working hard and making progress. It is anticipated that both Chambers may work into the evening to complete their work to avoid an overtime session. The legislative leaders have determined that if they are unable to get their schedule of work completed, both Chambers will remain in the Capital City to continue working. To recess and return to their districts would require further testing and preparation for session.
Will continue to keep you updated on progress. Be well.
MARTY GREEN, ESQ
Vice President Government Relations, Illinois CPA Society?
524 South Second Street, Suite 504
Springfield, Illinois 62701
Phone: 217.789. 7914| Fax: 217.789.7924
Email: [email protected]
| Web site: www.icpas.org