Do you have a story to tell? Best practices or innovations to share?
Join as a presenter at the largest learning event for accounting and financial professionals in Illinois at the ICPAS SUMMIT21 on August 24-25 in Rosemont, IL.
SUMMIT21 will provide a forum for accounting and financial professionals to:
- Identify key issues facing accounting and financial professionals
- Prepare for important new tax updates
- Expand their knowledge and professional skills
- Build impact skills that will enhance their ability to become trusted business partners
- Prepare for the challenges facing the profession in the future
- Engage in the discourse concerning the profession
- Identify emerging issues relevant to the profession
Proposal and Policy Guidelines
ICPAS invites those interested in presenting at its SUMMIT21 to submit a proposal for review by our SUMMIT Planning Committee. Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively with consideration of the following criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference/program objectives
- Speaker's presentation skills and experience
- Desirability of the topic
No more than two proposals (the first two received) from one speaker will be considered. Please complete a separate application for each proposal. Proposals must be submitted using the online form.
Proposals to present must contain and convey sufficient detail to allow our SUMMIT Planning Committee to understand how the proposed session will contribute to the conference objectives. Selection is competitive, so you must submit a compelling and complete proposal.
Details to Submit a Proposal
- Proposals are due by November 1, 2020. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Submissions must be completed using the online form. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
Length of Presentation
- Presentations are 50 minutes, which includes time for questions.
- Describe your presentation and specify expected learning outcomes for attendees. Maximum length is 600 words.
- Specify one to three primary learning outcomes for your session.
- Describe why this topic is relevant to attendees and the profession. Maximum length is 150 words.
- Determine what topic area your proposed session would best fit it (select from Tax, Accounting, Auditing, Business Skills, Technology, Corporate Finance, or Emerging Issues)
- Describe (or list) the presenter's relevant speaking experience at the ICPAS SUMMIT, other ICPAS presentations, and/or presentations in other venues. Maximum length is 300 words.
Offer a brief (no more than one page) description of the applicant(s) qualifications that relate to the presentation topic. As a minimum, include:
- Current position
- Certifications, Designations
- Contact information (work phone number and e-mail) for three references
- Noteworthy articles and publications from the past 3 years (up to 5 items)
- Provide a 50-word (maximum) description of the presentation to be included in the SUMMIT brochure.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be e-mailed by December 11, 2019.
Speakers not selected for SUMMIT21 will be kept on file and will be held for consideration for other ICPAS events and conferences.
Concurrent session speakers (one to two speakers per session) and panel presenters receive a full complimentary conference registration.
Have a recommendation for another speaker or conference session? Then send us the details here!
Submit a Proposal
Questions, comments, feedback
Chief Learning Director | 312.517.7646