This award recognizes emerging young professionals and outstanding leaders who are committed to advancing diversity in the accounting profession.Categories:
Required Application Materials:
- Nominees for this award are selected based on their outstanding and continuous contributions to promoting diversity within the accounting profession
- Nominees with a CPA are highly desired, but not required.
- Nominees do not need to be an Illinois CPA Society member
- Nominees for the Outstanding Award typically have ten plus years of full-time work experience and can be employed in any area of accounting or finance, including public accounting, industry, not-for-profit, education, government or consulting.
- Nominees for the Emerging Award must be young professionals (35 and under) who possess the qualities of the Outstanding Leader Award but typically have four plus years of full-time work experience.
- Nominees must have not already received this award
- Nominee Statement – no more than four pages.
Addressing the following criteria:
- Reasons you are passionate about advancing diversity in the accounting profession
- Unique and creative contributions you have made in advancing diversity in the accounting profession
- Impact that your diversity efforts have made on the accounting profession
- Related activities within your job responsibilities
- Related personal initiatives (volunteer, mentorship, educational programs, etc.)
- Resume and/or Bio
- Letters of Recommendation – no more than three
- Optional – Please feel free to submit additional supporting documentation that reflects your involvement in advancing diversity, such as honors, certifications, programs you have developed, blog posts or articles you have authored, etc.
Completed packet must be less than 20 pages. Information beyond that requested will not be considered.